2017 Honda Civic Safety Features and Ratings
If you’re on the hunt for a new car, safety might not be your first thought, but it should be a top concern. Drivers eyeing the new 2017 Honda Civic already have safety covered with advanced standard and available safety technologies that have earned the vehicle recognition from the IIHS and NHTSA. Whether you’re just looking for a sharp new car for driving around Westborough or need a secondary family sedan in Worcester, you can drive with peace of mind behind the wheel of a Civic.
Safety Features in the Civic
What safety features can you find in a new Honda Civic? Here’s a partial list:
- Vehicle Stability Control – With Vehicle Stability Control, your Civic can detect when traction or stability are lost and adjust braking and engine speeds to compensate and keep you in control.
- Braking Systems – You’ll get Brake Assist, Electronic Brake Distribution, and Anti-Lock Braking, all of which help you slow and stop your Civic when your foot hits the brake pedal.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – Likewise, the Civic is also able to ensure that you have a reliable picture of the road around you with its standard multi-angle camera. Back up with confidence.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring – Finally, the Civic can detect the tire pressure of all four of the vehicles tires and alert you to a possible leak to avoid driving on unpredictable under-inflated tires.
- Honda Sensing – This available safety features package includes advanced technologies designed to help a driver be more aware of the road and possibly avoid an accident, and they include Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist, Collision Mitigation Braking, and more.
NHTSA and IIHS Scores
No wonder, given its safety systems, that the Civic has performed so well on safety tests.
- NHTSA: The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan earned a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating from the NHTSA—the highest possible rating.*
- IIHS: With top scores of “Good” in all five IIHS crashworthiness tests and a “Superior” Front Crash Prevention rating, the IIHS awarded the 2017 Civic a 2017 Top Safety Pick award when equipped with Honda Sensing technologies.
Test Drive the Civic Today
Now that you have peace of mind with the 2017 Honda Civic safety features, let us show you why this is a favorite of ours at Lundgren Honda of Auburn. Contact us today to schedule a test drive of the Civic, available in 5 different trims, sedan, coupe, and hatchback.
*NHTSA 5-Star Safety Ratings: Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).